PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE AT THIS WEBSITE
We collect personal data as necessary to provide our products or services, fulfill our legitimate business interests and/or comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to the following:
Registration Information. When you register on the website, we may collect your name, login credentials, title, company or organization name, e-mail address(es), phone number(s), fax number(s), work and/or home address(es), birthdate, gender, information about your job function, and general information about your company or organization.
Transaction Information. In order to process and keep records of your transactions, we collect your name, shipping and billing information, credit card information or other preferred payment means, and history of purchases.
Customer Service Information. If you reach out to us with a question, comment or concern, we collect your name and contact information and any other information you choose to provide.
Online forums and surveys: From time to time we may ask our customers to participate in customer satisfaction or engagement surveys. We may also provide opportunities for customers to participate in online forums. If you choose to participate we collect any information you share when participating in the survey or forum.
Information Collected Using Online Data Collection Tools. We use online data collection tools like cookies, web beacons and pixels to collect information about your digital activity online. For more information see the Cookies section below.
Emails. We use customized links or similar technologies in our email messages to track whether you open an email and the email links that you click. We may associate that information with your personal data in order to provide you more focused email communications or product information. Each email communication includes an unsubscribe link allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We use personal data to:
- Provide the services or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. This includes processing payments, providing customer support, managing and implementing orders, delivering products, providing services, and keeping records of your transactions.
- Provide customer service, including responding to your questions, comments and concerns.
- Carry out sales and marketing activities including sending you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, including products and services from our third party partners, creating and delivering targeted advertisements and offers, conducting marketing campaigns, managing contacts and preferences, generating leads and opportunities, organizing and managing events, and engaging in social media interactions.
- Provide you with important information about the products or services that you are using, including critical updates and notifications.
- Improve our website and our products and services, including making our website easier to use, providing content that is of most interest to our visitors, solving technical problems, and improving our products, services and content based on customer feedback and comments.
- Calculate overall website usage statistics and conducting market research and analysis.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may use personal data for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, packaging, shipping, professional services, marketing and sales communications and other services. We will only provide those companies the personal data they need to deliver the service. The third parties are required to protect the personal data and to only use the personal data to perform the services for us.
We may disclose personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on £urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our employees or agents, users of our products or services, or members of the public. We will comply with lawful requests for access to personal data from law enforcement authorities.
We reserve the right to transfer your personal data in the event of a transfer of ownership, such as acquisition by or merger with another company. In such an event, we or the new owner will notify you of the transfer.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
In connection with our activities outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we process personal data with consent except where otherwise permitted or required by law. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal data in question.
In connection with our commercial activities in the EEA, we rely on one of the following legal grounds (as appropriate) to process personal data:
- To enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into a contract.
- To pursue our legitimate business interests in establishing, managing or concluding our business relationship with you.
- Where you have specifically consented to us processing your personal data.
- To comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND OPT OUT
The file containing your personal data will be maintained on our servers or those of our service provider. If you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal data in our custody or control, please contact us as described below. We may need to verify your identity before searching for or providing you with personal data.
Where personal data is processed with consent, you may (subject to contractual and legal restrictions) refuse to provide your consent, or choose to withdraw your consent, to our processing of your personal data. Note that if you refuse to consent, or withdraw your consent, to certain processing of your personal data, we may not be able to provide certain of our services.
You may unsubscribe from our email communications by using the unsubscribe feature in our emails. You may also ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes, by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are in the EEA you may also have the right, in specified circumstances, to object to our use of your personal data, to request the deletion of your personal data or restrict its use, to request a copy of the information you have provided to us to use for your own purposes, or to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, please contact us as described in the Contact Information section below.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We hold your personal data only as long as we have a valid legal reason to do so, which includes providing you with the services you have requested, meeting our legal and regulatory obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. The length of time for which we keep different types of personal data can vary, depending on why we originally obtained them, the reason we process them and the legal requirements that apply to them.
When setting our data retention and deletion timescales we take into account a range of factors including applicable regulations and standards relating to taxation, payment processing and complaint handling, the need to prevent or detect crime or other misuse of our services, and audit requirements. To fulfill our requirements, some of your personal data will need to be retained for a period of time after you cease to be a customer. When we no longer need it to fulfil the above requirements, we delete it securely.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CHILDREN
We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of our website visitors, including children. The Website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children or sell products to children. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using www.safariland.com. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS' PRIVACY RIGHTS
We restrict access to personal data collected about you at our Website to our employees, our affiliates' employees, or others who need to know that information to provide services to you or in the course of conducting our normal business operations. While no website can guarantee security, we use commercial reasonable efforts to maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal data collected via the website. We protect our databases with various physical, technical and procedural measures and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We also advise all Company employees about their responsibility to protect customer data and we provide them with appropriate guidelines for adhering to our Company's business ethics standards and confidentiality policies.
SECURITY OF YOUR CREDIT CARD DATA
We use a third-party payment management company ("CyberSource") in order to process credit card transactions. You can read more about CyberSource at http://www.cybersource.com/privacy/. CyberSource utilizes a process known as "tokenization" in order to securely process credit card transactions when you provide your credit card data to us. Tokenization is the replacement of sensitive data with a unique identifier that cannot be mathematically reversed. Within our environment, tokens take the place of sensitive credit card data. The token will retain the last four digits of the card as a means of accurately matching the token to the payment card owner. The remaining numbers are generated using proprietary tokenization algorithms.
- To make a purchase on the website, the customer will enter their payment card information into the designated payment fields on the order page. These payment fields will be hosted by CyberSource using Secure Acceptance. When you submit your credit card data to Safariland, the data is immediately encrypted and transmitted directly to CyberSource for storing, processing, and token generation. The payment data is not stored or retained by us.
- The encrypted primary account number (PAN) is decrypted when it enters CyberSource's Level 1, PCI-compliant data vault, where it is securely stored. The payment data is then passed on to the processing channel (bank) and returned to CyberSource with an accepted or denied result.
- CyberSource returns the result to us but substitutes the PAN data with a uniquely generated token. The token is stored by Safariland for future transactions. Safariland performs quarterly scans in order to demonstrate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI-DSS").
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may provide links to other sites on the Internet for your convenience to locate related information and services. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by us and are maintained by third parties over which we exercise no control. Accordingly, we expressly disclaim any responsibility for the privacy policies, information collection practices, content, accuracy of the information, and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party websites. Moreover, these links do not imply an endorsement with respect to any third party or any website or the products or services provided by any third party.
The Safariland Group
13386 International Parkway Jacksonville, FL 32218
VISITING OUR WEBSITE FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province/territory, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer your personal data to the United States or other countries as described above. As a result, your information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States or other countries according to their laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the personal data. By submitting your personal data, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States and elsewhere.
March 7, 2019